Chris Edgerly voice actor is becoming an increasingly recognizable name…or should we say voice? Known best for his roles in The Simpsons, there is much more to this versatile voice actor than most people know. Today we’re going to share 25 random facts about Chris that span his career from his very beginnings to his more recent roles.
25 Random Facts About Chris Edgerly Voice Actor
1. Chris Edgerly began his career touring the country for ten years as a stand-up comedian and he still plays comedy clubs once in a while as his schedule permits.
2. Chris’s brother Dave is a graphic designer and animator who’s worked freelance for twenty years. He’s worked on a number of popular animated titles including Adam Sandler’s ‘Eight Crazy Nights’. Chris and Dave are currently working on their own animated series that you can read more about here.
3. Chris’s voice can be heard on the popular ‘The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman’ at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure’ as the voice of Spiderman and Peter Parker.
4. Chris and his costars were nominated for the Behind the Voice Actors Awards Best Vocal Ensemble in a Video Game for DuckTales: Remastered (2013).
5. Chris began his Simpsons voice over career back in 2011 and has been working on the show ever since and so far has featured on 163 episodes!
6. Chris Edgerly voice actor made an appearance in Disney’s animated movie The Wild as the voice of Cloak alongside Bob Joles as his animated partner Camo!
7. Chris has starred in commercials for many of your favorite brands including Samsung, Assassin’s Creed, Levi’s, Best Buy, Pier 1 Imports, Purina Dog Chow, MetLife, Timberland, iHop, Walmart, Visa, Qantas, Jim Beam, Blue Bunny, Coke, and Domino’s Pizza.
8. Chris voiced a promo for the 61st Emmys Opening Announcement!
9. Among the many video game voices Chris has provided his vocal talents for are The Godfather II, Skylanders, Mass Effect, Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes, Naruto Shippûden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, Naruto Shippûden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, and Naruto Shippûden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution.
10. Speaking of Chris’s role in video games, did you know that he has voiced more than 100 video game characters throughout his career?
11. Chris has a soft spot for the movie Paddington 2, something he shares with Michael McKean.
12. When reflecting on his career, funny man Chris says: “I’ve spent my life creating things based on silly ideas while avoiding real jobs as much as possible.”
13. Chris’s most recent voice over work won’t debut until 2019 but if you take a peek at his IMDB page you’ll notice that he’s going to be voicing a very well known and beloved Nickelodeon character!
14. Chris’s vocal talents have been featured in the video games Halo I, Halo II, and Halo III.
15. Chris has remarked in the past that his young daughter can tell a joke better than he can…she’s only four.
16. If you follow Chris on Twitter you’ll notice that he likes to take part in the daily trending hashtags, especially when they give him the chance to show off his comedic talent!
17. In addition to voicing numerous video game characters, Chris enjoys playing a game or two with his two children in his spare time as well…although one is usually sitting on his shoulders to keep dad distracted!
18. Chris is a huge fan of Tony Robbins and enjoys reading his books. He has implemented many of Tony’s teachings in his own life to get to where he is today.
19. Always a joker, Chris enjoys sharing his favorite articles from The Onion with his many Twitter followers and always enjoys the banter they spark.
20. In addition to being a funny man, Chris enjoys keeping up with politics and science and often shares articles of interest with his social media followers.
21. When reflecting on finding a job that he loves and success in his non-twenties, Chris says “I didn’t get into my current career until 30, and didn’t land my dream gig till 40 (an ongoing job to this day). I was similarly anxious and impatient in my 20’s, but it’s a long game. Not everything has to happen quickly.”
22. In addition to drawing inspiration from “Not Your Guru” Tony Robbins, Chris is inspired by tennis star Roger Federer!
23. When looking back at nostalgic childhood TV shows, Chris includes Sanford and Sons, Night Court, and School House Rock among his memories!
24. When it comes to sports, Chris is a lifelong Falcons, Braves and Georgia Bulldogs fan!
25. Chris has an incredibly diverse taste in music, some of his favorites (past and present) include Tom Petty, Fats Domino, and Malcolm Young.
Are You Interested in Hiring Chris Edgerly Voice Actor?
Whether you are interested in hiring Chris for his animated vocal talent, video game voice over experience or his previous commercial experience, reach out to Chris Edgerly’s talent management team!
CESD Talent Agency: (310) 475-2111